Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012
- December 25, 2011
- Category: 245(i), Border Security, Deportation, Dream Act, H-1B Cap Count, H-1B Visas, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Immigration Reform, Morton, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Reform, Secure Communities, Sheriff Arpaio, Start Up Visa Act
Here is my Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012:
ICE Targets Fewer Criminals in Deportation Proceedings
- December 9, 2011
- Category: Deportation, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Napolitano
Statistics show that fewer criminals are ending up in deportation proceedings. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has targeted fewer criminals, a stark contrast to the claims made by the Administration.
Untangling DHS’ Record High Deportation Numbers
- October 20, 2011
- Category: American Immigration Council, Border Security, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, ICE, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Secure Communities
It was another record breaking year for deportations, with DHS logging 396,906 removals during Fiscal Year 2011. While the raw number is not in doubt, its meaning is far from clear, according to the American Immigration Council.
Latinos See Obama ‘Betrayal’ On Immigration: Opportunity for Perry?
- October 7, 2011
- Category: Border Security, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Latinos, Obama, Perry, Senate Committee
President Obama came into office with strong Latino support, having won two-thirds of the Latino vote, according to exit polls. According to an arcitle in NPR, that support is beginning to erode.
Transcript of Secretary Napolitano’s Remarks on Smart Effective Border Security and Immigration Enforcement
- October 5, 2011
- Category: Border Security, DHS, Immigration Reform, Napolitano, Secure Communities
Here is the full transcript of United States Secretary of Homeland Security (“DHS”) Secretary Janet Napolitano’s Remarks on Smart Effective Border Security and Immigration Enforcement on October 5, 2011, at American University:
Bachmann on Immigration
- September 14, 2011
- Category: Bachmann, Border Security, Perry
Presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann, a Republican, has made recent statements on immigration. Here is a summary of her recent statements: