Romney’s Position/Non-Position on Deferred Action
- July 12, 2012
- Category: Dream Act, DREAMers, Romney
Bob Schieffer from CBS’ “Face the Nation” interviewed Gov. Romney asking about his position (or lack thereof) on the recently announced policy directive on Deferred Action.
Video Explanation of Deferred Action
- July 12, 2012
- Category: Deferred Action, Dream Act, DREAMers
Here is a nice Video Explanation of the recently announced policy directive for Deferred Action. The speaker is unknown:
Evidence & Date Ranges Needed for Deferred Action Applications
- June 29, 2012
- Category: Deferred Action, Dream Act, Immigration Reform, Work Permits
This article focuses on both the evidence and the date ranges of the evidence necessary for an eligible DREAMer to apply for Deferred Action. I have detailed some of the known eligibility standards in a prior posting.
Early Analysis of New Deferred Action Policy
- June 19, 2012
- Category: Deferred Action, Dream Act
We await further guidance from the Administration regarding the New Deferred Action Policy for DREAMers announced on June 15. One thing is clear: this is both a defensive and an affirmative policy.
Deferred Action Process for Young People
- June 19, 2012
- Category: Deferred Action, Dream Act, Napolitano
Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano on June 15, 2012 announced that effective immediately, certain young people who were brought to the United States as young children, do not present a risk to national security or public safety, and meet several key criteria will be considered for relief from removal from the country or from entering into removal proceedings.
Will We Have a Version of the DREAM Act This Year?
- May 10, 2012
- Category: Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Dream Act, Obama, Rubio
Will we have a version of the DREAM Act this year? I would say yes. And here is why:
Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012
- December 25, 2011
- Category: 245(i), Border Security, Deportation, Dream Act, H-1B Cap Count, H-1B Visas, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Immigration Reform, Morton, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Reform, Secure Communities, Sheriff Arpaio, Start Up Visa Act
Here is my Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012:
Romney’s Early Positions on Immigration
- September 9, 2011
- Category: Dream Act, H-1B Visas, Immigration Reform, Perry, Romney
Texas Governor Rick Perry and Mitt Romney are the leading candidates to become the Republican nominee for the upcoming Presidential Election. The issue of immigration reform will be an important one in the months leading up to the Presidential Election. Mr. Romney has taken some early positions on Immigration and I examine them here.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF THE EXPANSION OF IMMIGRATION PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION?
- August 24, 2011
- Category: Amnesty, Dream Act, Prosecutorial Discretion, Reform
What is the effect of the expansion of Prosecutorial Discretion Guidelines?
DHS Announces Expansion of Prosecutorial Discretion Guidelines
- August 23, 2011
- Category: Hispanic, Latinos, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Secure Communities
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that it would put guidelines in place across all immigration agencies to ensure that its enforcement priorities are focused on removing persons who are most dangerous to the country.