Deferred Action has its detractors
- July 11, 2012
- Category: Deferred Action, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Mayorkas, Morton, Rep. Lamar Smith
The new Deferred Action policy directive from the Obama Administration certainly has opposition.
San Diego-area bakery Sentenced for Employing Illegal Workers
- December 28, 2011
- Category: I-9, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, no-match
U.S. District Judge Thomas J. Whelan has ordered The French Gourmet, Inc. to forfeit $109,200 in illicit proceeds gained from the illegal hiring practices and pay $277,375 for its felony conviction of employing more than 10 illegal alien workers in a 12-month period.
Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012
- December 25, 2011
- Category: 245(i), Border Security, Deportation, Dream Act, H-1B Cap Count, H-1B Visas, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Immigration Reform, Morton, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Reform, Secure Communities, Sheriff Arpaio, Start Up Visa Act
Here is my Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012:
ICE Updates List of SEVP Approved Schools (Updated December 16, 2011)
- December 19, 2011
- Category: ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, SEVP
Please click here for a list of SEVP Approved Schools as of December 16, 2011: SEVP SCHOOLS
Ever wonder about those Inheritance Scam Emails?
- December 16, 2011
- Category: fraud, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement
A Blaine, Wash., man convicted on federal wire fraud and tax charges for his role in a “Nigerian inheritance” fraud scheme was sentenced Friday to five years in prison following a probe by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI).
Secure Communities Program Also Snares U.S. Citizens
- December 14, 2011
- Category: ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Secure Communities
Bugs n the Secure Communities computer system have caused Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to detain U.S. citizens.
ICE Targets Fewer Criminals in Deportation Proceedings
- December 9, 2011
- Category: Deportation, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Napolitano
Statistics show that fewer criminals are ending up in deportation proceedings. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has targeted fewer criminals, a stark contrast to the claims made by the Administration.
Prosecutorial Discretion: Why the Need for a Training Program?
- November 25, 2011
- Category: AIC, AILA, American Immigration Council, DHS, Enforcement, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Prosecutorial Discretion
One might ask the question, why do we need a training program when the Director of Ice himself came out with clear guidelines on Prosecutorial Discretion in June? The answer to this question really goes to the culture at ICE.
Quoted In Online Wall Street Journal about Prosecutorial Discretion
- November 21, 2011
- Category: AIC, AILA, American Immigration Council, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Prosecutorial Discretion
I had the privilege of being quoted by Miriam Jordan of the Wall Street Journal on November 18, 2011, in the online version about Prosecutorial Discretion.
Prosecutorial Discretion: Recent Advocacy Timeline
- November 17, 2011
- Category: DHS, Enforcement, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Obama, Prosecutorial Discretion
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. That is probably the best way to summarize the recent timeline for the use of Prosecutorial Discretion.