Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012
- December 25, 2011
- Category: 245(i), Border Security, Deportation, Dream Act, H-1B Cap Count, H-1B Visas, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Immigration Reform, Morton, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Reform, Secure Communities, Sheriff Arpaio, Start Up Visa Act
Here is my Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012:
Prosecutorial Discretion: Why the Need for a Training Program?
- November 25, 2011
- Category: AIC, AILA, American Immigration Council, DHS, Enforcement, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Prosecutorial Discretion
One might ask the question, why do we need a training program when the Director of Ice himself came out with clear guidelines on Prosecutorial Discretion in June? The answer to this question really goes to the culture at ICE.
Quoted In Online Wall Street Journal about Prosecutorial Discretion
- November 21, 2011
- Category: AIC, AILA, American Immigration Council, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Prosecutorial Discretion
I had the privilege of being quoted by Miriam Jordan of the Wall Street Journal on November 18, 2011, in the online version about Prosecutorial Discretion.
Prosecutorial Discretion: Recent Advocacy Timeline
- November 17, 2011
- Category: DHS, Enforcement, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Obama, Prosecutorial Discretion
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. That is probably the best way to summarize the recent timeline for the use of Prosecutorial Discretion.
Record deportations of illegal immigrants under Obama
- October 18, 2011
- Category: Morton, Representaive Luis Gutierrez, Senator Lamar Smith
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director John Morton today announced the agency’s fiscal year 2011 year-end removal numbers, announcing record deportations.
ICE arrests almost 3,000 convicted criminal aliens; Obama Blames GOP for Lack of Immigration Reform
- September 28, 2011
- Category: Comprehensive Immigration Reform, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Obama, Prosecutorial Discretion
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) today announced the results of a seven-day national “Cross Check” enforcement operation-which led to the arrest of more than 2,900 convicted criminal aliens.
Task Force Submits Recommendations on DHS’s Secure Communities Program
- September 21, 2011
- Category: AIC, American Immigration Council, ICE, Morton, Secure Communities
After tensions reached a boiling point regarding the Secure Communities program in June, ICE Director John Morton created a 20-member task force to address growing concerns. This week, that task force submitted its final recommendations in a report to the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC)
DHS REVIEW OF LOW PRIORITY CASES FOR PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION
- September 1, 2011
- Category: AIC, American Immigration Council, DHS, Prosecutorial Discretion
The American Immigration Council (AIC) has released a Practice Advisory on the new DHS Prosecutorial Discretion policy. Here is my summary of that Practice Advisory
DHS Announces Expansion of Prosecutorial Discretion Guidelines
- August 23, 2011
- Category: Hispanic, Latinos, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Secure Communities
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that it would put guidelines in place across all immigration agencies to ensure that its enforcement priorities are focused on removing persons who are most dangerous to the country.