Binational Same-Sex Couples can begin Immigration petitions NOW!
- July 3, 2013
- Category: Immigrant Visas, Napolitano, Prosecutorial Discretion, Same-Sex, USCIS
Binational Same-Sex Couples can begin Immigration petitions, following last week’s Supreme Court ruling striking down the Defense of Marriage Act (“DOMA”).
Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012
- December 25, 2011
- Category: 245(i), Border Security, Deportation, Dream Act, H-1B Cap Count, H-1B Visas, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Immigration Reform, Morton, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Reform, Secure Communities, Sheriff Arpaio, Start Up Visa Act
Here is my Top Ten Immigration Wish List for 2012:
ICE Targets Fewer Criminals in Deportation Proceedings
- December 9, 2011
- Category: Deportation, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Napolitano
Statistics show that fewer criminals are ending up in deportation proceedings. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has targeted fewer criminals, a stark contrast to the claims made by the Administration.
Prosecutorial Discretion: Why the Need for a Training Program?
- November 25, 2011
- Category: AIC, AILA, American Immigration Council, DHS, Enforcement, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Prosecutorial Discretion
One might ask the question, why do we need a training program when the Director of Ice himself came out with clear guidelines on Prosecutorial Discretion in June? The answer to this question really goes to the culture at ICE.
Quoted In Online Wall Street Journal about Prosecutorial Discretion
- November 21, 2011
- Category: AIC, AILA, American Immigration Council, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Prosecutorial Discretion
I had the privilege of being quoted by Miriam Jordan of the Wall Street Journal on November 18, 2011, in the online version about Prosecutorial Discretion.
Prosecutorial Discretion: Recent Advocacy Timeline
- November 17, 2011
- Category: DHS, Enforcement, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Obama, Prosecutorial Discretion
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. That is probably the best way to summarize the recent timeline for the use of Prosecutorial Discretion.
Untangling DHS’ Record High Deportation Numbers
- October 20, 2011
- Category: American Immigration Council, Border Security, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, ICE, Parole in Place, Prosecutorial Discretion, Secure Communities
It was another record breaking year for deportations, with DHS logging 396,906 removals during Fiscal Year 2011. While the raw number is not in doubt, its meaning is far from clear, according to the American Immigration Council.
Transcript of Secretary Napolitano’s Remarks on Smart Effective Border Security and Immigration Enforcement
- October 5, 2011
- Category: Border Security, DHS, Immigration Reform, Napolitano, Secure Communities
Here is the full transcript of United States Secretary of Homeland Security (“DHS”) Secretary Janet Napolitano’s Remarks on Smart Effective Border Security and Immigration Enforcement on October 5, 2011, at American University:
ICE arrests almost 3,000 convicted criminal aliens; Obama Blames GOP for Lack of Immigration Reform
- September 28, 2011
- Category: Comprehensive Immigration Reform, ICE, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, Morton, Obama, Prosecutorial Discretion
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) today announced the results of a seven-day national “Cross Check” enforcement operation-which led to the arrest of more than 2,900 convicted criminal aliens.
VOTER DISCONTENT DEEPENS–WHAT WILL OBAMA DO NEXT WITH IMMIGRATION?
- September 7, 2011
- Category: American Immigration Council, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Hispanic, Obama
The Wall Street Journal (Link) reported that a recent poll has found that 51% of Americans disapprove of the job Mr. Obama is doing as president for the first time since his inauguration.